Tuesday

John: more on characters

Rangers are interesting. Aragorn is the classic model of a human ranger. So you’ll still be doing some butt kicking.

Gender and alignment still needed.

Human characters have 2 advantages in this campaign… Under the traditional rules, humans are the only race that can choose any class and go up to any “Level” in that class. Other races are typically penalized. This is how the game gives humans a slight advantage (to counterbalance all the cool extra skills other races have). I don’t play that way however. I prefer to think that any race can choose any class and advance in skill in that class until they die.

I give human characters an additional attribute however. They are the only race that has an “intuition” attribute (on the 3-18 scale). Occasionally I’ll ask human characters to roll an “Intuition check”. If you succeed (by rolling the 20 sided die and getting a number lower than your intuition score) you’ll be granted some kind of helpful insight.

Lastly, the world has various prejudices… and humans are the most organized, fastest growing race. The main city you’ll visit is a human city… and they don’t always think highly of other races. Having at least one human character in your party is VERY useful.

1 comment:

Ned said...
This comment has been removed by the author.